A couple weekends ago we had a very productive Saturday. We put up our Christmas lights (don't worry, they will not be turned on until after Thanksgiving. We just wanted to get it done while the weather was still nice.....) and we also solved a HUGE problem. Well it was huge to me. You see, we had all the wires for our TV and everything ran through the wall so we could hang the TV up and you wouldn't see any wires. Well, we decided to wait on the HDMI cable because for the 25 feet we needed, it would cost us about $200. So this is what I got to look at all the time......
Tacky, eh?! Yeah. It had to go. So as I was browsing the internet one lovely afternoon, I found 25 feet of HDMI cable for, are you ready???? $16 with free shipping!!!! I of course bought it and decided that for that price I was willing to take the risk of it not working. It arrived super fast and we went to work fishing the wire through the wall. It was a little bit of a challenge but with a little fish tape, string and a vacuum hose, we got the job done. Oh yeah, before we went through all that work, we made sure it worked and it worked like a champ! Ready for the "after"?


Ah, much better! Don't you think?


4 comments:
How nice to have that project done. It looks great! It's crazy how nice shopping online can be...I've got all my christmas done and it didn't cost me much to get it mailed here...I just watched for 'spend this much - get free shipping'.
I sure wish I would have found an HDMI cable for $16 before we bought ours. That does look much better with all the cords ran through the wall!
Hey Brooke, I'm new to this whole blogging thing but I thought I'd start one so I can keep in touch with friends. Your page looks so cute!!
Looks great! Your house is so cute! By the way, have you seen Twilight?
Post a Comment