Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Love is in the air!

So I know I am just a little slow but I did want to talk about my Valentine's Day. It started out a little hectic with Eric's truck not wanting to start and so we had to go buy a new battery but it went much better after that!

Let me first say that Eric HATES Valentine's Day. It is sad but true. I on the other hand love it. I guess you could say I am a hopeless romantic. I don't think gifts are necessary so we don't usually exchange anything but I think it is important to be together and snuggle and be extra lovey :) I told Eric that I just wanted to do something just me and him and that I didn't care what it was. He surprised me a couple days before and said we were going to Ogden and he was taking me to a Thai restaurant that I had never been too. It was a pretty snowy, yucky day and I got worried that we wouldn't be able to go. We decided to brave it and it really was not that bad driving.

I LOVE going on drives just me and him because we talk the whole time and I just love it. We went to the restaurant first and it was so yummy! I had only had Thai food once before at my cousins wedding. I will NEVER eat fried tofu again after that however. Or any kind of tofu. :) Anyways, the restaurant was just a nice, little place run by the family. We got tons of food and it was delish! When we left Eric said what do you want to do now? I thought for a minute and asked if we could go to Target and his response was "Anything you want". So we went to Target and he was so great to just walk with me and let me look and browse at anything I wanted. His response that night was always "If you want, whatever you want....." I loved it! We stopped at Sonic on the way home to get drinks and then finished the night watching Nights of Rodanthe. It was an okay movie but sad and I don't really like sad :(

It was such a fun night. I love spending time with him and we always have so much fun. He cracks me up and I love it. I will just start laughing at him and looks at me and says "What is so funny?" ha ha. He is so good to me. The next day when we were driving he told me that when the time comes and he stands before God and is asked if he did everything in his power to make his wife happy, he wants to be able to answer with a strong Yes! Oh I just love him!! Of course we are not perfect but it is fun to try to be and to always try to make our marriage better. Thanks for making me SO happy honey! I can only hope that I make him feel as happy and loved as he makes me! I love you!

Hope you guys all had a fun day as well. From reading other blogs it looks like there was a lot of love in the air :)

5 comments:

Hailey said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's day :)

Bryce and Britt said...

What a sweetie Eric is! I went to Target this weekend also! I LOVE that store!

Tarinelli said...

That is so sweet. I'm so happy you found such an awesome husband!

jmjpoursatch said...

glad you had a fun vday. it was great to play with you the night before.

Brady and Jenna said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!!