Friday, March 13, 2009

Ladies & Gentlemen

Our lesson this last Sunday was on being a peacemaker. I am sure many of you had this same lesson. It was a good one for me because I can loose my patience very easily. Mainly when driving and dealing with customers :) Eric thinks I have road rage. Eric and I can both work on this in our home. Don't stress the small stuff and all that. Anyways, I have been trying to do much better at remaining calm and having a little more patience and respect with people. One sister in my ward shared a quote that I loved. I hope I get it right.....

"Treat others like ladies and gentlemen. Not because they are, but because you are."

This really made me think. It is so true. Joseph Smith was an excellent example of this. He was a true gentleman. He treated his worst enemies with respect and because of this, earned the respect of some of them. So there you have it. Because I am a "Lady" (hey I even get called Lady Brooke at work sometimes:) I am going to do my best to act like one and treat others like they, too, are ladies (and gentlemen). Will you join me?

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! I love love love that quote! I'm gonna have to write it down and read it everyday.
I'll join you!

Ami said...

Oh, I like that a lot! I'm in.

Andy & Ashlee said...

What a good rule of thumb! I may have to adopt this for myself as well. Thanks for posting this!

Sid said...

Great thought and quote. It is nice when you learn something in church and it changes your life for the better.

Kiesha said...

Count me in! You know how they say that your prayers shouldn't be redundant but I feel like I have to pray for patience EVERYDAY. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!