Thursday, January 12, 2012

34 Weeks

Today marks 34 weeks! 7 more days and I will have been pregnant longer then I was with Deegan. :) So here is a lovely pic for your enjoyment! ha ha

I had an appointment today and since I went early with Deegan she did my Strep B test today to make sure we got it. (I didn't get it with Deegan so I had to have the antibiotics anyways just in case). She also did my first cervical exam, which I never had done with Deegan. It wasn't too bad. She said I am dialated to a 1 and 50% effaced. I know people can be like that for weeks so I am not letting it worry me too much. She is now having me come every week so that we can keep an eye on things. She didn't dare feel too much for where Griffin's head is so we will check that next week a little more.

Overall I am feeling really well! I don't sleep too well because my hips bother me but other then that I think I am doing great. Deegan is getting harder to chase and I am pretty sure he thinks his mom is pretty boring these days. Luckily he is a great kid and we still manage to have fun! He probably watches a little too much Dora but at least it is somewhat educational, right?

I have been feeling Griffin move a lot more. He has dropped down it seems and although it is more uncomfortable for my bladder, I think it feels better in general. He doesn't seem to be as crazy as a mover as Deegan was. I can remember wondering what the heck Deegan was doing in there! And I could usually tell where his feet were, etc. With Griffin, I have no idea what movements are what. I am hoping this means he is smaller then his brother. :) I was measuring big with Deegan by now but I am not with Griffin so I am hoping that means he will be a little more average sized. 6-7 lbs would be okay! (For those that don't know, Deegan was 5 lb 12 oz at 5 weeks early! They said he easily could have been high 8's or low 9's if he went full term. No thanks!:)

I pretty much have everything ready. At least a lot more so then with Deegan. If Griffin came tonight (but we pray he doesn't), I wouldn't be too behind. I need to figure out how I want the carseats set up in the car, get the bassinet moved into our room and get our AngelCare monitor set up in it and other then that I just need to clean my house! ha ha. That is the hardest thing.

Deegan's new room is all ready to go for the most part. We are just waiting for daddy to put the closet rods in the closet so I can move his hanging clothes over. Then we just need to get him to sleep in his big boy bed! So for now Deegan technically occupies 2 rooms. The dresser is stocked and ready for Griffin but since Deegan is still sleeping in the crib, I haven't put the new bedding on or done any redecorating just yet. We will take our time with it so that Deeg doesn't feel pushed out or anything. I imagine Griffin will be in our room for at least a couple of months anyways so I am really not in a panic.

Well, I think that about covers things pregnancy wise. I haven't been near as good at documenting this pregnancy but I think that is sort of normal. I am going to try to keep up on more details these last few weeks especially since we are almost to the point of pregnancy that I didn't experience with Deegan. So, there ya have it! If you are still with me, we have made it to 34 weeks and will now just take it a day at a time. I am hoping to make it at least 3 more weeks but no more then 4! ha ha. Not that I have any control over it!

1 comments:

Team Burtenshaw said...

Best of luck! The last few weeks always make me anxious! ...9 lb-ers are no fun to have (my first was) so that's nice he isn't measuring so big! So excited for you!!