Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pumpkin Walk & The Cabin!

The weekend of the deer hunt Eric didn't get home until late on Friday so we made sure to make the most of the time we had together and spent every second of Saturday as a family. It was really one of the THE best weekends ever.

We started the day by going to the pumpkin walk.




These are next to the Christmas tree in the Polar Express display. I loved the tree out of corn stalks and the pumpkins as presents!



I thought this displays of Where the Wild Things Are was a perfect place to take a pic of our little wild thing.


But he seemed to like Bob the Builder best! ha ha

After the pumpkin walk, we headed up Scare Canyon so Eric could visit the guys for a bit since he wasn't able to stay over.


Deegan slept most of the way up, that is until the road got WAY too bumpy! We got to see a lot of what they are doing putting in that new pipeline. It was pretty cool to see!


Hangin out in the cabin. They guys were nice enough to not mind too much that Eric crashed the party by bringing up a girl and a baby. ha ha. They even shared their dinner! I know Eric enjoyed going up even if it wasn't for too long. He is already excited to take Deegan hunting when he is big enough.

We had a great time just being together and taking the long drive as a family. It was even snowing some on the way back. It gave us lots of time to talk and just be together, which we don't get much of these days! It really was the most perfect weekend I can remember. Pretty simple and basic, but perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Cute pics!

Tarinelli said...

That's so good, sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm sad we missed the pumpkin patch this year... but it looks like Deegan enjoyed it.

Team Burtenshaw said...

I totally miss the pumpkin walk! Thanks for posting these pics, that Deegan is tooo cute!

Kiesha said...

Being the "special" Mom that I am I tried to take my kids to the Pumpkin Walk only to find that we had missed it so we enjoyed a evening at Mc D's instead. Kids probably loved it just the same but I needed a large Dr. P because I was sulking. I LOVE the cornstalk tree!