Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mornings and Evenings

Here is a little glimpse into what our mornings and evenings are like.


Usually Deegan wakes up shortly after I do. I get him up, get his bottle and lay him on my pillow to drink it while I start getting ready.



He lays right outside the bathroom door so we can see each other and talk to each other. (Can you tell by his face that he barely woke up :)

As soon as he is finished with his bottle, he is raring and ready to go!


See? He thinks he is so neat that he can get into all 3 lower drawers. Mom doesn't think it is quite as neat! My previous, somewhat organized drawers are no longer! For the most part, everything from these drawers and even some items from the cupboard, are all in the bottom drawer. At least everything is all in one place, right?

.
This is nothing! My bathroom floor is usually covered with the contents of the drawers and cupboards. But it keeps him happy and entertained while I get ready for the day.
Then we get him changed, bundled up, and loaded into the car to head to work and the babysitters. One day we will just stay home and be able to enjoy our mornings together there! We really do have a lot of fun in the mornings. He is usually so happy and talkative and full of energy. I love it!

Some mornings, he wakes up before my alarm. Boo! We don't like these mornings. The nice thing about them is we get up, get his bottle and crawl back into bed to snuggle for a bit while he drinks his bottle. One morning this week, he totally zonked back out after his bottle.


Totally out! It was SO hard to get out of bed that morning. I wanted nothing more than to zonk out with him and snuggle that sweet boy!


He looks so little in that big bed all alone. I had to wake him up so we wouldn't be late.

About a week ago, I decided that I was going to do things differently at night. Instead of rushing to get everything done, and missing out on quality time with Deegan, I decided that I would spend all my time with him until he went to bed. It has been wonderful!!


We play "How big is Deegan?" (which he has gotten lazy at and only puts up one hand now.....)


We get a little crazy! This face is hilarious to me. Funny lookin but still so cute! He loves to rock the ottoman in his room and got a little outta control this time.



He got a set of megablocks for Christmas and I put them away for a while. This night he seemed bored so I got them out. He loves them! He takes them out of the box and puts them back in. He like me to build a few together and he will take it apart. We are working in him putting them together and I know it won't be long. He grasps the concept, just needs a little more coordination.



We spend a lot of time in his room. I love his room! We just hang out and play with toys and have so much fun. My nights are so much better now. (Do you notice the loos diapers all over? Yeah, he likes to pull them out of the diaper holder. :)

Then we make sure he has a full tummy before bed.


And he makes sure Kai is full too! He throws so much food to her, its ridiculous.

Growling at mommy. Love this face!!!

I just love this little guy so much! He is such a blast to be around and has the most playful, happy, fun personality! Love you goober! Hugs, kisses and eskimo kisses!

5 comments:

Misty said...

So fun! You have inspired me to play more...although getting up off the floor is getting harder!!

Chelsie Sanders said...

Sounds like a great day to me. He is so stinking cute.

Tarinelli said...

Sounds like fun! Its so much fun to get to spend time with them. I have worked since Lucky was born and just quit my job a couple months ago. It has been so nice, but I wish I could've sooner since she's now in school. I hope it all works out and you can stay at home soon!

Tarinelli said...

You're so sweet! My grandma gave me her old Nikon SLR. I'm still learning how to work all the settings and stuff but if I can figure it out I think it'll be a great camera!

Patrick-Nicole-Daxton said...

After seeing what your son is capable of, I think our boys could be great friends:) he is so cute!