I know I am still behind on blogging, and I don't even have a picture to go with this post but since my last appointment was full of surprises, I wanted to write them all down.
Yesterday marked 37 weeks and I had my weekly appointment. First off let me just say how exciting it is to make it to 37 weeks this time! Full term!! I have been going to the Dr. weekly since 34 weeks just so we could keep up on things in case it looked like this one was coming early as well. I was dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced at 34 weeks and 35 weeks. At 36 weeks I was dilated to a 3 but still 50% effaced. Well when I went at 37 weeks, she called it 3+. She couldn't tell the position of the baby and thought she felt his hand so she had them bring in the ultrasound.
Well, sure enough, he is NOT head down. And it wasn't a hand but a foot that she felt! Yup he is feet down head up. Little stinker. Since I am already so far dilated, she didn't dare try to turn him for risk of breaking my water. If my water breaks and he is still feet down, it turns into an emergency situation. Yay!! So, whats the plan?
I am going back in on Tuesday for another ultrasound and to check his position. If he is still feet down, she will schedule me for a C-Section either Wednesday or Thursday. If he has turned, we still might consider a C-Section because she is estimating that he is already about 2 pounds bigger then Deegan was. I had a hard time delivering Deegan and she is also concerned that with how my pelvis is and a bigger baby, I might not be able to deliver Griffin.
SO, I am anxiously awaiting my appointment on Tuesday so we can go from there and hopefully have a plan one way or another. And in the mean time, I am hoping nothing happens before Tuesday!
I am pretty uncomfortable, totally full with this baby. I don't see how he can possibly get any bigger. There is no more room! I usually stay up until about 1 am because if I go to bed before that, I lay there for an hour or more. All in all, I am doing really well. I am ready to be done and meet this little guy! Tuesday can't come fast enough!
Well, sure enough, he is NOT head down. And it wasn't a hand but a foot that she felt! Yup he is feet down head up. Little stinker. Since I am already so far dilated, she didn't dare try to turn him for risk of breaking my water. If my water breaks and he is still feet down, it turns into an emergency situation. Yay!! So, whats the plan?
I am going back in on Tuesday for another ultrasound and to check his position. If he is still feet down, she will schedule me for a C-Section either Wednesday or Thursday. If he has turned, we still might consider a C-Section because she is estimating that he is already about 2 pounds bigger then Deegan was. I had a hard time delivering Deegan and she is also concerned that with how my pelvis is and a bigger baby, I might not be able to deliver Griffin.
SO, I am anxiously awaiting my appointment on Tuesday so we can go from there and hopefully have a plan one way or another. And in the mean time, I am hoping nothing happens before Tuesday!
I am pretty uncomfortable, totally full with this baby. I don't see how he can possibly get any bigger. There is no more room! I usually stay up until about 1 am because if I go to bed before that, I lay there for an hour or more. All in all, I am doing really well. I am ready to be done and meet this little guy! Tuesday can't come fast enough!


3 comments:
So exciting! Either way, as long as he comes healthy, it will be fine! Don't worry about a C-section, mine were easy as pie and I wouldn't have had it any other way! Good luck Brooke!
Aunt Nancy here...Good luck and lots of prayers. Don't worry. Brenda did 3 C-sections and recovered nicely each time, though you need more help at first. You're in a good spot for that with all that family around. Love you tons. Can't wait for more news!
Looking forward to a healthy outcome for u both!! Good luck Brooke!
Post a Comment