Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Bachrach Family




Here is my cousin Brenda and her cute family. The pic is a little old. Brigham is now 6 and Hunter is 4. She is due with her 3rd boy next month. I just wanted to share some of the things I have learned that have brought smiles to my face.

Their friends have been amazing! Everyone stepping in to do anything they can. Buying her a new dress, buying the kids clothes, just coming in and cleaning, cooking without asking, dropping off money, etc. His father is an attorney and one of the guys in his firm has stepped up to handle the lawsuit with the semi truck company. (The cause of the accident was this semi....) Matt's friends have offered to cover the funeral expenses and the list goes on and on! It is so heartwarming to me how everyone pulls together in times of tragedy to create miracles!

Brigham is in 1st grade and wanted to go to school. His mother told him he didn't have to but he wanted to. They explained everything to the teacher and principal and said to call if they needed to come get him. He made it through the day and the teacher said he did great until his little friends would come up to him to tell him they were sorry and they would start to cry which would make him cry. What sweet kids! That night she got her 2 boys into bed with her and Hunter said he wanted to sleep in his own bed. He went and got in his bed and Brenda started to cry. Brigham sat up in bed and said, "Mom, you have to stop this. When you cry it makes me cry. Grandma is crying and I don't want to cry anymore. We need to be tough and strong and we can do this." (not his exact words but you get the gist of it) He is 6! I am sure he is Brenda's miracle. What a tough little boy. Holding his family together. It is so true that God does not give us anything we cannot handle. He makes sure we are taken care of during the hardest times. Whether it be a friend coming in to do you hair for you, brothers making sure all your financial affairs are in order, or your little boy becoming the man of the house, he is always there making sure we are taken care of.

I feel so blessed to know what I know about the church. Although I am not there experiencing this first hand and I know I have no idea what they are going through, this has all touched me so much. Matt was a musician and I have a few of his CD's. These will become so precious to the family I am sure. His music is very calming and soothing. If anyone is interested here is a link below. This would be a great way to help them out and as I said, this is great music to relax and unwind to. I have been told it is great for Yoga and Pilates as well. Thanks to all the comments and prayers in their behalf.

Amazon link:( You will have to copy and paste it....)
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-8056697-5424010?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Matt+bachrach&x=0&y=0

For iTunes just type Matt Bachrach into the search field
.

5 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

His music really is perfect for yoga and pilates. We also had it playing at our reception. I've talked my boss into playing it a few times at work and everyone has commented on it. It's been amazing to hear about all the people stepping in and helping Brenda's family out. I love that my family's driving down to the funeral. I'm hoping to go with and see it first hand, even be one of those, grateful to help out in any way possible. We'll see. This whole event has been an eye opening experience for everyone who knows this family. Love you!

Jill said...

Thanks for posting that info. I haven't heard anything and was wondering how they were doing. That is amazing all of the miracles! I am glad that friends and family have stepped up to help. What sweet children she has! Totally made me cry!

Jill said...

So I looked up his music on itunes and he is really good. I love that kind of music and he is great! So should I buy of of itunes or is there a better way to buy them. I mean do they get more $ from them one way or another. Does that sound wierd? I hope you know what I mean. I want to buy them though. they are beautiful!

Brenda said...

Hi Brooke. I just got an email from a friend saying she found your blog and you had made a very sweet post about my family so I thought I'd take a peek. Thank you so much for your kind words and your thoughts and support. We are doing the best we can--right now mostly trying to keep a baby from coming a little too early and keeping other little boys busy. Thanks again for being so sweet. Love Brenda

Brenda said...

Hi, Brooke.
This is Aunt Nancy. Several people have expressed a desire to sell the cds for Brenda locally.
Brenda has many of them here at the house. We could mail them if we knew what was wanted. Thanks for the sweet piece you posted. One correction. I was wrong about it being school Matt was doing. He was doing free lance filming jobs in L.A. and looking forward to the start of making his own first movie in Oct. and taking it to th Sundance Festival. It has a really fun story line sort of autobiographical. I think they will still try to get it together at a future date. We sure appreciate everyone's help and prayers and calls. It was great to see Jeana and David, and the little girls. Love you.