So the past few days Kai has been doing this funny cough, choking, duck sounding noise. I started to get a little worried so I called the vet. They said that coughing is a sign of heart disease so I of course freaked out and made an appointment that day. I had a rough morning thinking the worse possible thing but had calmed down once I took her. Turns out she is way to young to have heart disease (never listen to the receptionist!) but that she has the doggie version of bronchitis! I had no idea. It is called Kennel Cough. Weird. So they put her on antibiotics and sent me to buy robitussin. Yup. Just like a human. And she doesn't like that stuff anymore than I do. So we have to give her those meds twice a day for 2 weeks but it can take 3 weeks for it to go away. Holy moley! I am just glad it is not anything too serious. Eric even got nervous when I told him what it could be. We love our Kai Kai lots and lots! Anyways, no mental breakdowns for me! I feel bad for her though. She wakes up in the middle of the night because she has little attacks. :( It was worth the $70 bucks I had to pay to know she is not dying :) I did however purchase some heartworm medication just to be safe!
3 days ago


3 comments:
Ugh I would have been scared too!! She is the cutest little dog!!
She definitely prepared you for worst! Holy cow. Glad she's ok! She's too cute. Thanks for the link to Brenda's interview btw-it was good to actually see her, since I can't actually be down there with them.
Get well soon Kai!
Post a Comment