Friday, May 8, 2009

Show us where you live!

Kelly's Korner Blog has started a new fun thing for Fridays. Each week she will feature a new room in your home and on Friday, you post pictures of that room and link back to her blog. This is so fun because you get to see inside homes all over the country (and some out of the country!). I don't know about you but I love to see what other's have done and get new ideas. This is also a really good idea for anyone building or thinking of building.

I know you are all probably sick of seeing pictures of my home by now, but sorry! This was such a fun idea that I wanted to join in! So here you go........

We built our home almost a year ago. My husband did a ton of the work and is responsible for all the finish work you see. (moldings, trim, banister, mantel....) I think he did a pretty great job! :)


View from the kitchen into the living room. The blankets on the back of some of the cushions are there because Kai likes to lay on them and I would rather her not lay directly on the cushions. :)


One of my littlee "nooks". Don't know what I will put here when I can no longer get away with "Spring"! The glass on that frame looks SO dirty. I swear it is really not that bad. ha ha


Our banister and the blank canvas behind it. Any ideas???


Above our TV. I didn't really have many spring/summer decorations so this is what I ended up with. I have way more stuff for fall and winter!

Close up of the mantel that Eric built. (Sorry my pics are not the greatest. I was taking them at 10 last night and the lighting was not so good)


Fireplace. This is probably my favorite thing in our house!


View from the hallway. That back wall really is a plum color but it looks almost black in the pic. I LOVE it!

So there you have it! Will you join in and show us where you live? It doesn't matter if it is new or old, clean or not! Just click on the link at the begining of this post and read how to join!

19 comments:

Heather said...

Your living room is so cute!! I love your decor and the colors!

Britanee Walker said...

i think we have the exact same couch! i love mine! guess i'll have to get pictures of it up and show you. as for the empty wall, you should put up a rod from rod works (see the link on my blog) and hang pictures from it-so cute!!

The Gilliland Family said...

I love all of your decorative accessories! Your LR is great. Thanks for sharing :) Amber

Rachel said...

I really like your fireplace and wainscot. I also have banister envy!

Bryce and Britt said...

I love your house!!!! You and Eric will have to build mine and Bryce's (some day) ;) LOL

Carly said...

Wow your house is gorgeous!! I love it! & your decorations are so cute too!

Bethany said...

stopping by from Kelly's Korner. I love your fireplace!!!!

Tarinelli said...

The wall color is fabulous and the couch is chic yet comfy. I love it!

Sheena said...

Your house is darling!

I am probably going to go tomorrow morning around 7-7:30. Hollow road is a fun easy run, really flat and so pretty in the morning.

Email me at kskhup@yahoo.com if you want to go, then i can give you my # so we can meet up if you want.

Kelly said...

Love your home, esp the fireplace!

Howells Fam said...

So cute! Eric did a nice job with all of the handiwork! I wish we had a house... :)

Cheri said...

So pretty! Love your plant ledge and decorations! Also the fireplace!

Joanne said...

Love the color of the accent wall...thanks for the tour!

Sid said...

I like everyone else that has commented love your living room! Love the accent wall and how open it is! Thanks for sharing!

Cena @ Unexpected Necessities said...

Thanks for visiting my blog....Love your little nook. Come visit any time. :)

Chelsie Sanders said...

your house is so cute, i'm re-decorating our bedroom when we get back, you'll have to help me!

JERI VANN said...

wow, i guess ive never seen your place before!! haha, very adorable!!

Michele said...

Your home is beautiful!! Love all your decorations and your couch. Maybe on that all you could do a larger piece of art and then on either side put a sconce? Or, for one of our walls that is rather large, we purchased two really big art pieces (from Hobby Lobby on sale) and staggered them. I realize now that I didn't take pictures of that!!

Mom said...

Aunt Nancy here---Love your pics, love your house! The fireplace is pretty wonderful. The mantel is cute. Where did you find the tulips? Are they votives? How much cute stuff do you find at your mom's shop? My email is nkblamires@valornet.com. Sounds like you are doing a good job of being home alone. Hope it goes quickly for both of you. Love you.