So yesterday was a rough day. I am going to be honest. My head hurt (I was so sure when I woke up without a headache that I was going to get lucky.....), the A/C at work was broken which did not help the headache and also made me sick to my stomach ( I don't handle heat well normally let alone now), and I was just in a sad, missing Eric, wanting to cry kind of mood all day. (Okay, I am done whining!:)
Luckily, I had something to do that night that would put me in a much better mood and state of mind.
It was awesome!!! My mom and I went to this and we were not disappointed! It was almost 2 1/2 hours long and we enjoyed every minute of it. I love patriotic things and I love music so this was the perfect combination! I had not heard of Maureen McGovern but my mom had and was excited to hear her. For those of you who do not know, Craig Jessop is the director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The night was filled with wonderful music from the choir, the orchestra, Maureen, local high school choirs, and a couple of talented singers from Utah. I got a little choked up a few times, laughed a few times and smiled a lot. It was wonderful and just what I needed. They are doing this program 2 more times. Tonight in Idaho Falls and tomorrow night in Sun Valley. For anyone that lives near, has nothing to do, I would highly recommend going.
I am VERY proud to be an American. I love my country, I love the flag, I love red, white and blue, and I love fireworks. This time of year is so much fun. My family is usually working at a food booth somewhere for the entire weekend so we don't get to to the normal fun things (camping, BBQing, swimming, etc.) but we still have a good time. My mom is very patriotic and I think I got that from her. I can remember her sharing her testimony about the church and about her love for her country numerous times.
I love and appreciate those who have served and are currently serving our country. I have so much respect for them and their families. I know I am so blessed to live in this country and to have the freedom and happiness that I have. I am so thankful for this time of year to remind me! I love the USA and I am so proud to be an American! How about you? :)

I love and appreciate those who have served and are currently serving our country. I have so much respect for them and their families. I know I am so blessed to live in this country and to have the freedom and happiness that I have. I am so thankful for this time of year to remind me! I love the USA and I am so proud to be an American! How about you? :)

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!


4 comments:
Me too (to all of it)! I love this time of year too, I'm really excited because this is one of the first 4th of July's I have had off from work. Hopefully, we'll be able to go and do something fun! Happy 4th to you too!
I love Independence Day! It's one of my favorite holidays. Sounds like the concert was awesome!! Have a great 4th!!! Hope your headaches go away soon.
I love all of that too!! YAY for the USA! Have a great 4th and be safe!
That's to bad you didn't have a great beginning of the day! I'm glad it ended better though! My Aunt went to that and said it was awesome as well!
Post a Comment