Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fluckiger Family Reunion

Every June the Fluckiger (my grandma is a Fluckiger) Family has a reunion in Bedford, WY. My mom goes every year and we try to make it too. I had not been in a couple years so we decided to go. It was me, Eric, Deegan, Dylan and my mom.

I really wanted to go the way that takes us through Afton since I had not been there in several years. I had no idea it would cause any problems......ha ha. Not sure what our deal was but we made 2 wrong turns. One was not a big deal at all and the other took us about 15 minutes out of our way before we figured it out. ha ha. Good times!

We ate at Dad's Bar (restaurant) in Thayne and it was pretty tasty. As usual, Deegan caught the attention of everyone there. We then drove to Star Valley Ranch to stay the night. Eric was a party pooper and crashed almost immediately after we got there but the rest of us played several rounds of some good old Go Fish. Deegan had a little bit of a rough night for some reason so I didn't sleep too well but that's okay!


Here are the siblings/spouses! My grandma and grandpa are the 2 furthest to the right on the back row. Love them!!!!!


These pics are slightly out of order but here is our happy little traveler!


Hangin out at the reunion while the grown ups ate some delicious food!


Eric showing off his mad skills.



Keeping goober entertained by allowing him to eat dad's cell phone.




"We are a happy family!" :)



Playing in the water. This little creek may be the reason we never go to this reunion once Deegan can walk. All the kids play in it and it makes me so nervous!!


Uncle Dylan and Grandma


What a nice Uncle. ha ha

We had a good time. It was pretty chilly which is why Deegan is in a hoodie the whole time but it was beautiful as always!! Next year is probably going to be at Aunt Denna's house so we might have to make the trip again for that!! I love spending time with family!!!

Here is a funny story about the trip down. We were about to Preston and me and my mom starting talking about the reunion and Eric pipes in, "Reunion? What reunion?!" ha ha. He must have missed that part of our conversation when I told him we were going. He thought we were just going for fun. And we were! Funny funny.

5 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i was telling Brian about this family reunion & how it's always held in a park next to the church & the popular attraction for the kids is the ditch, which is always full of water. he laughed that it was my main memory! i told him goood times were had at that park. i remember all those faces too in the first picture! so happy you guys were able to go, wish we could've too!

Howells Fam said...

I love family reunions, but my family doesn't really have them anymore. Looks like you guys had lots of fun! As usual, Deegan is adorable!

Tarinelli said...

Family reunions are fun! Ha ha ha! I love that Eric didn't know you were going for a reunion... men.

Ashlee said...

I've been waiting for your pictures! I'm so glad you guys could go, I've wanted to go back up for quite a while. That ditch is my favorite :) I remember all the good times and frozen feet we all had in it and the MANY baseball games we played at that park. Maybe we'll all go next year!

Mom said...

Aunt Nancy here...That was great to be there and have all of you there too. I don't go often enough and have missed a ton of great times. I am pretty sure my kids don't have any connecting memories to this event..sad! Love you guys. You should have gotten your mom in some of those shots. She is always such a fun part of those gatherings...even when she is just visiting with everyone instead of keeping kids happy and busy with parachutes and coming up with fun projects for folks to make and take home. Great times.