Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned


My mom gave Deegan the cutest piggy bank for his 1st birthday and we decided you are never too young to learn about saving money. :) So Eric broke out his coin stash and we let Deegan have at it.

See?


Did you hear him say "all done"? (a-da) Love him!

Of course I also took some pics. He was loving it!


Eric kept showing him how to hold the coin to put it in and he got it right quite a bit but usually he would end up sliding it around until the edge kind of caught the slot and he could slip it in.



So focused! He was so into it.


Yay! It's going in! He seriously just kept picking the money off the floor and putting it in. It never got old to him and it never got old to us.


Once he figured out where all the money was, he went straight to the source.


We finally had to take the cup away because he started trying to eat the money. He was so dang mad at us!

It was a fun little activity and since there is still money left in daddy's mug, we will be doing it again! Eric gets mad if I take .50 out of that thing but I bet Deegan got a hold of several dollars. ha ha. What a good daddy.




5 comments:

Howells Fam said...

That's pretty cute! I am always so afraid that they'll break their cute piggy banks, so I haven't ever let them put money in there, I should though!

Bryce and Britt said...

That's dang cute! I love how everyone uses their class mugs as piggy banks ha ha, they really are perfect for it. Dang cute header and page layout too :)

Chelsie Sanders said...

That is so cute!

Brooke said...

Britt, Chels did the header and everything! She always takes such good care of my blog :)

Unknown said...

Awww! That is cute!! Pretty blog makeover!!!