Today I am 24 weeks and apparently this baby is about the size of an ear of corn. Kind of crazy/interesting to think about! Not really much has changed, Deegan is still a good little mover which I love. He has yet to move enough for Eric to feel him. One time a couple weeks ago I thought FOR SURE he was kicking hard enough for Eric to feel but no dice. I was kinda sad but I know soon enough that will happen. Anyone remember about how far along you were when your baby's movements could be felt from outside?
He is the most active in the afternoon and late at night (starting around 9:30-10). Of course I feel him pretty continuously throughout the day but these times seem to be his "busiest". Sometimes it is a little difficult to fall asleep but it just makes me smile! I am trying my best to stay on my sides but I often wake up on my back. Maybe one day my brain will be trained. My hips are sore a lot of morings from sleeping on them so much!
I am still feeling great. My belly is getting bigger (sorry, no pic this week!) and I am already starting to see how before too long it will be pretty impossible to trim and paint my own toenails. Eric is up to the challenge though so we will see how he does. Maybe it will be a good time to start getting pedicures!!
I don't know if this is coincidence, if I am just starting realize it, or if it is from being preggo, but my hair is so dry and lifeless!! I have never had fabulous hair but man oh man. I think at my next hair appointment I will get a little more than a trim and see if that helps. My feet have started swelling a decent amount especially by the end of the day or if I am on them a lot. I am sure they will get worse. I am drinking lots of water and putting my feet up for a while each night. I think I will invest in a step stool to put under my desk at work.
So here we are, 16 weeks to go and overall I am feeling GREAT. Sometimes I think this cannot last or if I have a great pregnancy does that mean a horrible delivery??? I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything but I think if I plan on a horrible delivery, maybe I will be surprised!! :) Thanks for listening to my ramblings. I want to remember these things.
3 days ago


4 comments:
I always thought Clint could feel Carlee too, but she would quit moving the minute anybody touched my belly. I was 27 weeks before he finally could feel her. I'm excited for you guys! Don't worry, an easy pregnancy doesn't mean an awful delivery... :)
i can't remember how far along i was once brian could feel rian. my hair had the same problem while i was pregnant and i noticed that a deep conditioning treatment 1-2x week really helped me. brian's work (nuskin) has a fantastic hair mask that, i think, works wonders. if you're interested, i can send it up or bring it up next time i come (which MIGHT be labor day...we'll see...). i HATED the swollen feet!! good luck with that!
You are so cute! Jared felt luke about 19 weeks.....but he was a CRAZY mover and quite a big boy! :) I bet your delivery will be easy too, you are young and healthy! YOu CAN have the best of both worlds you know!? Can't wait to see you guys! :)
Aunt Nancy here...one of my favorite things about each pregnancy was the feeling that I was doing something very important even when I was doing nothing else at all or just taking a nap or curled up reading a good book! Enjoy. The next will be more complicated since this one will be keeping you busy, too. The name is cute.
Post a Comment