Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scrumptious!

I don't know about you but I always seem to have brown bananas on hand. Probably because I can't stand to eat them once they have ANY brown at all on them. Sometimes I make banana bread or banana bars with cream cheese frosting but those get old. So I was excited to try out this recipe when I came across it.

Banana Brownies


3/4 cup butter (soft)
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 ripe bananas (mashed)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
chocolate chips (I did about 1/2 of a bag of mini chips)

Mix everything together, put in a 9x13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! I took mine out right at 25 minutes and they were perfect!!

The pic doesn't do them justice.

They are a little more cakey then brownie-y but oh so good! Lucky for me I still have FOUR more bananas. You do the math. :)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds delish! what a great idea! banana bread does get old! I think I have about 15 overly ripe bananas in my freezer, I will def. have to try this one out! :) thanks for the idea!

Jill said...

That sounds great! I will have try them out! What a great alternative to banana bread!

So Kelly doesn't have a blog but I am going to talk her into one now that she is far away from us all! She does Facebook but I don't so... I will let you know if and when she does start blogging!

Mom said...

Aunt Nancy here...That sounds ever so much simpler and less time consuming that the bread. Thanks for sharing. Love being able to keep in touch with your life!