Deegan FINALLY got to come home on November 22. I was in feeding him when his doctor came in. We were hoping he could come home Monday, and I had decided I was going to be brave and ask if there was anyway we could take him home Sunday night so Eric didn't have to miss work. Well, turns out I didn't need to! After looking everything over, the doctor said, "Looks like you can take him home today if you would like." If I would like?! No, please can I stay here another day? :)
I called Eric immediatly knowing he would still be asleep. He didn't answer. I called and texted like 4 times with no response. Finally, I just drove home to tell him. He as so excited. They had to do a few things before we could take him like a hearing test and a car seat test. We were so exctied!
I called Eric immediatly knowing he would still be asleep. He didn't answer. I called and texted like 4 times with no response. Finally, I just drove home to tell him. He as so excited. They had to do a few things before we could take him like a hearing test and a car seat test. We were so exctied!
Here he is doing his car seat test. He had to sit in it for 90 minutes while still hooked up to his monitors to make sure he could handle it and breath well. He passed! He also passed his hearing test.
All bundled up and ready to go! Again, sorry about the crappy picture quality.....
See ya never again NICU!! Not that we didn't totally love all our nurses, but we were not sad to go!


9 comments:
He is soo precious!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Oh! I'm so glad you guys are finally home, I know how miserable it is being in the NICU! Congrats! I love the picture of him in his car seat, he's adorable!
Congrats!! He is so cute!! I am so happy you guys are home!! How much does he weigh now!!
So glad he is home! What a cutie! Hope you are doing well figuring things out!
he's so cute and snuggly! i'm sure this was the best thanksgiving ever for you guys. sorry we didn't come over. rian has a cold & i didn't want to even attempt it & worry you. we dropped off the packages at grandma & grandpa wolfley's house. there's 2-1 has your present & 1 has the formula and monitor. don't forget about it!
Aunt Nancy here...I am SO glad that you are all at home together finally! And the pictures are wonderful. Only thing better would be a quick snuggly baby hug. Give Deegan one for me and ENJOY! I bet your mom is very happy. The snow on the car made me appreciate your thankfulness for a warm home even more. Love you, and thanks again for being so sweet about sharing that baby boy with the world.
Cute pictures!! Keep 'em coming!! I'm so gald you guys are home and all is well!!! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!! Tell Courtney we honked at her last night when we passed your house, she was just going inside! (I'm pretty sure it was Courtney)
YEAH!!! I am so happy that you guys are home! He is a cute little man!
YEAH so glad that he is HOME!!! he is so CUTE!!!!!!
Post a Comment